This program is taught in Dutch
About the program
In the continuously changing company context, the role of HR evolves as well. The business expects HR specialists who can also think strategically, so they can meet the new challenges of tomorrow.
The Master in HR Management is an established value at Antwerp Management School. The program is directed at students who are in possession of a Master’s degree and who have an outspoken interest in Human Resources. The program focuses on hands-on, strategic and commercial aspects and therefore goes much further than mere personnel management.
After following this program, you will:
- have gained the necessary competences and skills to transfer to a proper job and career as HR professional;
- be able to apply the gained knowledge in different company and organizational contexts and be able to think strategically within the different domains of HR;
- have gained the necessary consulting skills to take on an advising HR role either internally or externally;
- be capable to reflect critically on current HR processes and procedures;
- be aware of your personal development and have gained concrete handles for this within an open feedback culture.
Interested in this program?
As we only accept a limited number of students, we strongly encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
During this program HR specific courses like labor psychology, labor law and labor sociology are alternated with broader management courses in the context of the organizationlike strategy, ICT, and finance. The program links a set of practical skills to academic knowledge input. As a student you are challenged to sharpen your communicative, ethical and teamworking skills. The link with the HR practice is highly guarded by the input of several guest lecturers from the HR world. Furthermore, the eight week long consulting assignment builds the ultimate bridge to the HR reality.
Personal Development Journey: AMS Essentials
Leadership & Career Development Track
Professional Business Skills
Organization Building Blocks
People Building Blocks
Finance Building Blocks
HR Consulting Bootcamp
HR Fundamentals & Actuals
Labour Relation Management
Talent Management: Recruitment & Selection
Talent Management: Careers & Development
Talent Management: Performance & Compensation
Master thesis: In-company project
*All master programs offer elective weeks during which you will be immersed in exciting topics such as Blockchain, Industry 4.0, Organizational agility, Paradoxal thinking, Big data, Cyber security etc.
You can find more information in the brochure. Download it here!
Note: all courses are subject to change
Master thesis: Consulting assignment
During the consulting assignment, you will be put to work as a junior consultant for eight weeks to solve a current HR business case of a start-up, SME or multinational. This consulting assignment is the icing on the cake of the Master HRM, seeing as the hands-on advising role builds a bridge to the practice.
HR Consulting Bootcamp
The aim of this residential Consulting Bootcamp is submerging the MHRM students in a “consultancy” mindset for 4 days. It is centered on consulting and commercial management skills. This seminar also reinforces the (chance to a) subsequent influx of students into the labor market as (internal/external) consultants.
Through our electives, students are able to tailor their AMS studies by choosing one of the following three classes:
- Transforming Business
- Digital Transformation
- Doing Business in Emerging Economies
By adding one of these general and hot management courses, students can give their AMS journey a personal touch!
Who are we looking for?
- You are recently graduated, you have a Master’s degree with little or no work experience.
- You are Dutch-speaking;
- You are passionate about Human Resource Management and you want to dig deeper in the domain;
- You aspire a career in Human Resource Management (internal or as a consultant).
Upon successful completion of this Master, you will receive the following degree: ‘Master in Global Management: Master in Human Resource Management’
Prior education of students